Re: Access or no Access? That's the question!

From: Wojan <dontwantspam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:47:18 GMT

"Tom" <eeemwong_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:_wT68.3968$pB.473082_at_news1.cableinet.net...
> Dear all,
>
> My company want to build a Windows Database Client to connect to Linux
> Oracle 8i. I am familar to Access. We are thinking to use Access to build
> Windows Client quick to connect to Linux Oracle.
>
> The other problems are we are going to eventually to build a Linux Client.
> Obviously, Access will have problem. What is the best tool to develop a
> Linux Client? And in order to build a multi-platform client, which tool is
> the best?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Tom

You will probably be better off in the long run doing some sort of web-based front end. This will let you hit multiple platforms and you don't have to worry about distributing new versions of programs like in a client/server environment.

I would avoid Access at all costs. It may start out as a "temporary" solution but they always end up being "The" solution!

Hope this helps!

--
Scott Wojan

Check out our wysiwyg html editor:
http://www.wojanware.com/pls/wojanware/productinfo

Forward it to a friend and get 20% off the price!