Solaris 8i on Intel

From: MacMan85 <macman85_at_blueyonder.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:17:57 GMT

[Quoted] I'm having trouble installing Oracle 8i Enterprise on a Sun Solaris 8 Intel box. I finally get around to reading the documentation which says Sun SPARC, but AFAIK there should be no difference between SPARC and Intel once Solaris is running. Am I wrong? The error I get from runInstaller on CD 1 which returns the message: "./runInstaller: syntax error at line 1: `(´ unexpected" after it calls the /install/solaris/runInstaller binary.

Any advice or information would be appreciated

Richard
mewgull_at_blueyonder.co.uk Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 19:17:57 CET

Original text of this message