Order of population of formula columns in Reports 6i

From: Noah Arc <bowed_zombie_drone_at_spam.begone.zombie.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:21:28 -0000

Hello,

[Quoted] Can the order of formula column population be predicted? I have a formula which returns a LONG column as a VARCHAR. There are spurious extra spaces at the end of the data within this long column, so I was thinking of RTRIMming the formula column in another formula column. However, to achieve this, I need to ensure the formula which returns the LONG fires first before the second one TRIMs it.

Is this possible? Or is there a more elegant way of getting around this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Noah Arc