Re: SQL + connection problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:42:31 +0100

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:12:37 -0500, "Francois Dion" <dionf50_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>I try to connect to a database via SQL Plus but i receive this message:
>"Error: ORA-12705 Invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified". Does
>anyone know what i
>should check and modify to resolve this problem?
>
>Oracle version: 7.1.5.2.3
>Server OS: win nt 4
>Client version: 8.1.6.0.0
>Client OS: Win 2000 Advanced Server
>
>Thanks!

Check your hkey\local_machine\software\oracle tree. NLS parameters are stored there. However, as you are running such wildly diverging versions which are both unsupported and not guaranteed to work in this particular combination you might run into other issues Oracle definitely is not going to resolve for you.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 21:42:31 CET

Original text of this message