Oracle sqlldr text field limit?

From: james goodman <jgoodman_at_njcc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 21:03:47 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've installed Personal Oracle8i on my PC under Windows 98 SE (lots of disk, lots of memory) and it seems to be working just fine. But I've hit a 'problem' with the loader (SQLLDR) that I can't find described. I have a simple text file with many records -- first few columns numeric followed by a separator character ($) followed by text -- from a few up to 1000 or more before the end of records.

When I run sqlldr to put this data into a simple table TEST defined with two columns (A number(10), B varchar2(1500)), where the sqlldr control file (guts) looks like: append into table TEST fields terminated by '$' (A,B) --

[Quoted] the loader rejects all input lines where the second field is longer than 255 characters (otherwise works O.K. on the other records).

Is this a limit to sqlldr or have I overlooked something. (I can populate the table TEST with long B columns manually from within SQLPLUS). Thanks in advance for any help, jim goodman jgoodman_at_njcc.com Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 22:03:47 CET

Original text of this message