Default username

From: Bryan Brouckaert <Bryan.Brouckaert_at_advalvas.be>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:53:28 +0100

Hi,

[Quoted] I'm progaming in embedded SQL on a oracle 9.0.1 database. I want to use the default username option (you know usernames als opt$login and no password).

When I try to login with SQL*Plus it works fine. When I try it via embedded SQL I get an error messag:

        ORA-01004: default username feature not supported; logon denied

The oracle help says that this means that it isn't implemented on this platform???

My system is SuSE 7.3 Linux.

Does anybody know if its correct that it's not supported in embedded but it is in SQL*Plus, or am I making a mistake?

Thanks.
Bryan. Received on Fri Dec 14 2001 - 21:53:28 CET

Original text of this message