Re: rollback in forms

From: Andy <as.no.spam.stedat_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:29:31 GMT

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:52:30 -0000, "spademan o---[\)*" <steve.eckersley_at_its.lancscc.gov.uk> wrote:

>Hello,
> I have a forms 6 form in which I want to rollback any posted changes.
>Can I do this without clearing the whole form (I only wish to rollback one
>block)?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve E.

Hi Steve,

rolling back is a transaction based function of the rdbms not of forms. So if you do a rollback in a trigger or something like that the whole transaction will be rolled back. Just clearing a block will not change any part of your posted but not yet commited transaction.
If you really know what you (and forms) do you eventually could modify the forms behaviour of starting and ending transactions especially block based and work with savepoints. But I´m not sure that you can abuse forms processing in such a way. And of course, programming in such a way is very likely to produce inconsistent data. Only imagine you commit one block but you rollback a corresponding header block. You will result in detail data without master. Or vice versa.

hth
Andy Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 15:29:31 CET

Original text of this message