Re: Perl, Oracle, and a browser

From: Yurasis Dragon <spam_at_smeagol.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:48:30 GMT

Thanks for the oratool.com, I had never heard of it.

BTW, I have a special e-mail address that I use, spam_at_smeagol.com, that I use whenever I have to give up an e-mail address at a web-site, etc. - this way non-important e-mail doesn't get mixed with "important" e-mail. Then I check spam_at_smeagol.com whenever I expect e-mail that I may need to read ... it works for me.

Shrieking in pain from a horribly disfigured body, "Robert Chin" <robert_chin_2000_at_hotmail.com> groaned :

>Strange...your return email address...
>seems to me any answers are gonna get mixed
>with your spam and get deleted...oh well...
>
>Anyway...oracletool.com has an open source Perl/Oracle
>project...I guess Perl junkies can learn a lot.
>
>Robert Chin
>
>>Yurasis Dragon wrote:
>>
>> I'm playing with Perl and DBI and Oracle DBD and have
>> been able to get my Perl script read an Oracle database
>> and output the results at the command line.
>>
>> However, once I put the script in the cgi-bin and try to
>> run it from a browser, I get not output ( can't remember
>> the exact message, sorry ).
>>
>> I dug around a little more and found that I need to add
>> something like :
>>
>> print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n" ;
>>
>> So I added that code ... but still no output to a browser.

===
Yurasis Dragon
spam_at_smeagol.com Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 14:48:30 CET

Original text of this message