Re: File Location?

From: Andy <as.no.spam.stedat_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:42:20 GMT

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 05:45:28 GMT, "ROBERT WEST" <rob-west_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>I'm studying Oracle SQL. At the SQL> prompt, I create tables. My question
>is this. If I create a table named "SALES" where is this file stored?
>When I look and search for SALES.* Windows 95 can not find it. But, if I
>say DESCRIBE SALES it is there.
>
>Where is it?
>
>Thank you,
>Rob-west_at_worldnet.att.net

Not studying very long huh?
This is a database system not a text editor.

if you create a table it is stored in a tablespace on the database server not in the windoze filesystem. For explanation of table, tablespace, rdbms etc. please RTFM!

;-)
Andy Received on Thu Nov 22 2001 - 09:42:20 CET

Original text of this message