JSP will simply not work! Apache / JServ / OJSP

From: Robert Bowen <robert.bowen_at_mubimedia.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:40:07 +0100

Hello all. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this message, if someone knows a better place, please let me know ...

I am having problems getting JSP to work with Apache/JServ/Oracle JSP. I know, JServ is an antiquated technology, but I am being forced to use it, client has it installed, end of story. My problems/questions are the following:

  1. Where do I put the OJSP jar and zip files? Do they have to be under the jserv/servlets dir or can they go anywhere?
  2. For the JSP handle config in jserv.conf - how do I reference the JSP handler (JspServlet) which is in a .jar file? The examples use:

ApJServAction .jsp /servlets/org.gjt.jsp.JSPServlet

... but JspServlet is in a package. As well, to I need to setup
a zone for this? Is the /servlets dir a mounted "zone" and if so what is the mount point for the file system?

(Comment: According to the documentation, you map the .jsp to the zone which has the ojsp.jar file. I have a zone, "root" which physically maps to the

c:/apps/ApacheJServ1.1/servlets/rootZone.properties

properties file, which defines the repository for this zone as

c:/apps/ApacheJServ1.1/servlets

... and in my httpd.conf file I have

ApJServMount /servlets ajpv12://localhost:8007/root ApJServMount /servlet ajpv12://localhost:8007/root

... so, theoretically, if my jsp mapping is

ApJServAction .jsp /servlets/oracle.jsp.JspServlet

... and I have ojsp.jar in the c:/apps/ApacheJServ1.1/servlets
directory, it *SHOULD* work. But it don't.

End of comment.)

3) After I setup the JSP handler, where can I put the JSP pages? Do they go in /usr/local/apache/htdocs ? I do not have a WEB-INF dir, do I need one? If so where does it go?

... I have the same questions because, like him, I can't get
this damn thing to work! My servlets work, but the server simply spits out my JSP pages, doesn't interpret them.

Someone throw me a life-line!

Thanks in advance,
Bob Received on Mon Nov 19 2001 - 18:40:07 CET

Original text of this message