Re: performance profit after reorganisation

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 13:15:12 +0100

[Quoted] On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:13:47 +0100, "Joachim Misselbeck" <joachim.misselbeck_at_gmx.net> wrote:

>Hi to all,
>
>have any body experince about table/tablespace reorg and the profit ( I/O,
>CPU Util., etc. ) ? Or a link to more information about this ?
>

>Thanks for all answers
>
>Joe
>
>p.s.
>I know the orginal Statment of Oracle ( You don't need this at any time ,
>but it's not really true )

Main advantages of reorganisation are:
- no row chaining any more
- all free space coalesced at the end of the tablespace (doesn't apply when using locally managed tablespaces), so option to resize the tablespace.
- optimally organized indexes, which might even result in indexes with one B-tree level less.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 09 2001 - 13:15:12 CET

Original text of this message