Oracle Reports - Problem with adding a link file to a web-based report

From: Alex McBeth <alex.mcbeth_at_mercia.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2001 04:18:46 -0800

Problem with adding a link file to a web-based report

We have the requirement for a web-based report to contain a link to a file on the server (e.g. logo.gif) which can be overwritten with new logos.

I have inserted a link file field in the report and set Source File Format to be Image URL. I can get this working if I hard code the Source Filename to be the location of the file e.g. Q:\logo.gif (a drive mapped to the reports server machine).

However, I can't have this hard-coding in, so the best I can get is to simply type logo.gif in the Source Filename field. The page runs although the link image hasn't loaded and :- http://dbreport:81/dev60cgi/rwcgi60.exe/getfile/Rep60_DBREPORT-Reports/25/logo.gif is displayed on the status bar.

I have tried putting in http:/SERVER/VIRTUAL DIR/ and this can't find the file either.

Please help. Received on Wed Nov 07 2001 - 13:18:46 CET

Original text of this message