forms commit vs database commit

From: W van Valenberg <w.v.valenberg_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:03:05 +0100

[Quoted] I am using a forms to merely query data and when I want to change a particular record I have a button to process the record via a call to a database procedure. I have two possibilities for commit:
  1. commit via the database procedure, however I would like to keep my rollback facility from the forms when I see the updated values.
  2. commit via forms after procedure call, but I get the message FRM-40401: No changes to save. It also makes an 'uncontrolled' commit to all other forms which are open.

Does anyone know a better method to handle a Forms-Commit (or Rollback) for data which have been changed by the database procedure?

Thanks,
Wim Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 13:03:05 CET

Original text of this message