Re: Blob manipulation

From: Sergey M <msu_at_pronto.msk.ru>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:45:06 +0300

[Quoted] "Aviran Levy" <avlevy2k_at_hotmail.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее: [Quoted] news:__ZB7.302$0N4.36739_at_news.shore.net...
> Thanks for the help,
> First I would like to ask if the book "Oracle8i JDBC Developer's Guide and
> Reference" is available online.
Yes, technet.oracle.com

> As for the solution you described in your message, When I try to run it I
> get an exception thrown from the oracle server saying that the "row
> containing the lob object is not locked". I know that if I run a stored
> procedure to manipulate a BLOB object I can lock the row by adding the
'for
> update' to the select query and the 'commit' after making the
modification.
> That's obviously not the case here. any ideas how to lock a row in java
code?
Why that's obviously not the case here? %-/ Can you send your error (full error string, error stack from Java)?

> Furthermore, do you happen to know a place when I can get the
documentation
> for the oracle BLOB object since I also need to access the data in the
BLOB.
> in the example you gave in your message I would like also to do the
> opposite - how is it possible to get data from the BLOB object and store
it
> in a new file ?

Certainly, I can quote all documentation set of Oracle, but if you'll read documentation, that's better for you. Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 08:45:06 CET

Original text of this message