SQL*Loader-524 Partial Record Error- help

From: Clarold Britton <britton_at_ic.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:06:07 -0400

I am having a frustrating problem with SQL*Loader and would appreciate any help I could get. I am trying to load a simple comma delimited list into an Oracle 8.0.6.0 table and continue to get the following error no matter what I do:

       " SQL*Loader-524: partial record found at end of datafile(E:/EPORA/loadcolumns.ctl)"

[Quoted] I cannot even find a 524 error in my documentation.

The following control file gives the error:

LOAD DATA
INFILE *
APPEND
INTO TABLE xercolumns
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(
TABLENAME CHAR TERMINATED BY ',',
COLUMN_NAME CHAR TERMINATED BY ',',
ROLENAME CHAR TERMINATED BY ',',
DEFINITION CHAR ENCLOSED BY '"'
)
BEGINDATA
WKASSIGN,activity,activity,"Something new" MYNEW,MY_ID,Newid,"This is an ID"

The table "xercolumns" is a simple four field table in Oracle 8.06.0 as follows:

    TABLENAME VARCHAR2(50)
    COLUMN_NAME VARCHAR2(50)
    ROLENAME VARCHAR2(30)
    DEFINITION VARCHAR2(254) I have tried both DIRECT and CONVENTIONAL paths. I have no idea why I am getting this error. I am sure it is something very dumb that I am doing but [Quoted] I don't know what it is!

We are running Oracle 8.0.6.0 on an Windows 2000 Server machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Clarold Britton Received on Fri Oct 26 2001 - 17:06:07 CEST

Original text of this message