2 Questions for SQL*PLUS

From: Jan-U Reichert <jur_at_online.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:42:35 +0200

Hello all,
I have two questions concerning sql*plus... which I don't like at all.
  1. Is it possible to have the result of a select to be displayed like (in informix) : row header 1: row value1 row header 2: row value2 row header 3: row value3
row header 1: row value1
row header 2: row value2
row header 3: row value3

2) We have tables having several columns with a width of 1... when doing a select, we get stuff like :  E D D D D D D D D D E V R :-) That's not readable, is it?

We don't want to name each single column, because the queries are entered manually [Quoted] depending on the request. Is there a way to tell sql*plus to give the full column header even if the value has only one char ?

Many thanks
Jan Received on Fri Oct 19 2001 - 15:42:35 CEST

Original text of this message