utl_file disregards end of line

From: Joost Bataille <j.r.l.m.batailleREMOVETHIS_at_uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:28:32 +0200

Hello everyone,
[Quoted] we have a strange problem with utl_file in a 8.0.6.3.0. database. There is a [Quoted] procedure that should read a text file. It opens the file succesfully with utl_file.fopen. Then it does a get_line and that produces a read_error. The [Quoted] file to be read has 34 lines of 400 characters and the procedure loops 12 times before it finishes. We think it reads lines till the buffer of 1024 is [Quoted] full, which would mean two and a half line are read. Then the error is raised and handled, and the loop goes on with line 4.

 The same procedure runs flawlessly in another 8.0.6.3.0. instance on the same box.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Joost Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 18:28:32 CEST

Original text of this message