help!: Views in Forms

From: dfg <rebeliscool_at_wowmail.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2001 03:11:14 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] I faced a problem using views in Forms 6i Hope somebody can help me to resolve it

I cannot insert records in the view if one of it tables got new records.

Suppose I have two tables PLANT and COUNTRY. PLANT references COUNTRY:

COUNTRY
( ID INTEGER

  NAME VARCHAR2(40)); PLANT
( ID INTEGER,

  NAME VARCHAR2(40),
  CID REFERENCES COUNTRY ); I found it useful to create a plant view that contains country name instead of country id:

CREATE VIEW VPLANT AS SELECT P.ID, P.NAME, C.ID as CID, C.NAME as COUNTRYNAME FROM PLANT P, COUNTRY C; [Quoted] Then I create a form that happily displays plants from the view. And I'm using LOV to select country when inserting new plant data.

NOW!
If I have no necessary country in the LOV I use another form to create a new country record.
Then I see the necessary country in the LOV, but cannot insert the new record in the view!

With one of the following errors:
FRM-40502 (in dependant table)
FRM-40654 (in main table)

Thank you for any suggestion.

I'm using Forms 6i and Oracle 7.3.4 Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 12:11:14 CEST

Original text of this message