OEM connection to DB on 2000 server

From: Glen A Stromquist <gstromquist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:35:04 GMT

I managed to get my connections to my DB's on NT4 servers ok, after setting up the user in preferred credentials for the node as a local user with "log on as batch" privileges. (I've heard this can still be done as a domain user, but I couldn't get it working.)

Now I'm trying to get the same thing done for the DB's on 2000 servers, I've set up the user specified in preferred credentials (node) as a local user with the "log on as batch" rights, as well as made the user a member the dba_group, which also has the same rights.

I can set events ok for the databases, I set up simple events just to show database up/down and this displays ok, the agent pings ok, but I get the VNI-2015 error when trying to run a job.

ideas anyone?

thanks in advance Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 23:35:04 CEST

Original text of this message