Re: DBA Studio for 8.1.6 never shows any row counts for TABLES under SCHEMA

From: Marky Mark <DontSpamMe_at_Nospam.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:13:44 -0700

Wow really? It's probably those ultra high salaries that Oracle DBA's command since no one else will put up with such crap. LOL But seriously, it usually the part of the country you're looking in, if you'll take contract work, etc. Of course, now with the US economy tanking rapidly we'll ALL probably be out of work sooner than we think. You have no idea how much I would just LOVE to have an Oracle DBA to harass all day. 8-)

But, the company thinks it's saving money by not having one. Typical poor US management-style judgement. Everything's OK if the bottom line works out. They'll just ignore all those thousands of invisible dollars being spend because of lost time and productivity for the poor suckers like me who have to forge ahead without a fearless ODBA at the helm. False economy just looks so good on paper though.

There are some of those placement agencies that tap into a national network of agencies looking for consultants. I once got a six month contract in Atlanta, through a company in Virginia by using a California agency. Interesting reporting chain. LOL

Thanks,
Mark