PDE-PLI018 Could not find library <library name>

From: John H <hyper10n_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 15:18:50 GMT

I've run into a very sticky problem (please bear with me - it's a bit of a long explanation).

I'm getting this error in Forms 4.5 when I try to open the form (actually it's a library the form references, which references another library).

The library in question is in a directory in the FORMS_PATH (the same form is accessing other libraries in the same directory - and those libraries are accessing other libraries).

(Yes the whole thing is just a nightmare of redirection and misdirection, but it's a clone of an Oracle Apps form, and they were deliberately made that way).

I can open the library itself in Forms no problem.

The only thing unusual about this, that I can see (besides the fact that it isn't working) is that the error message spells the library name in a strange mix of lower and upper case - something like libRARY.

If I change the name of the library to match this (Windows 2000 Pro), it doesn't work either.

The form itself has been running in Production for years, but now I have to find a way to fix it, which is quite impossible if I can't even compile it.

To make matters worse, if you try to open a library where it can't find one of it's referenced libraries, Forms 4.5 won't even open it (otherwise I'd just try to reattach it).

Any ideas? Anyone? Received on Sat Sep 08 2001 - 17:18:50 CEST

Original text of this message