How to create, write to and read from a temporary CLOB in Java?

From: Ivan Samuelson <isamuels_at_columbus.rr.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2001 04:44:45 -0700

How do you create a temporary CLOB in Java and then read and write to it?

I want to create a temporary CLOB in Java. However, I cannot see anything that likens to the following PL/SQL code:

declare
theClob CLOB;
begin
dbms_lob.createtemporary( theClob, TRUE ); dbms_lob.open( theClob, dbms_lob.lob_readwrite );

end;

Is this possible with Java? Can you create temporary CLOBs in JAVA or are you limited to using them via columns in a table? I would hope not, since this is possible in both C and PL/SQL.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

On Metalink, note 68439.1 doesn't help. This shows how to create a CLOB based on a CLOB column in a table. This is not what I want. I want to create a CLOB without needing a table. The main reason is, we're using CLOBs to store XML messages and we aren't storing the XML messages in tables after reading them from an MQSeries Queue. We are going to immediately parse the necessary data out and then store that information into Oracle tables. Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 13:44:45 CEST

Original text of this message