Re: dbshut problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:39:34 +0200

"Lushinsky Slava" <slaval_at_mail.ru> wrote in message news:9lvgpu$rh5$1_at_news.sovam.com...
> Oracle installation guide for 8.1.7 says that if U do what they wrote
there
> U can automaticaly shut down database when rebooting or halting the Linux
> and oracle has a script for that. But the problem is that when U make
reboot
> command the INIT process sends TERM signal to all processes befor U go to
> 6-th runlevel and your
> database dies before script in rc6.d has a chance to do something.. Does
> anyone managed shuting down oracle database when rebooting?

The dbstart script will shutdown first when the database was left running. If init kills the database it will be just recovered during startup in the dbstart script.
I can't see any problem in current procedures. Recovery due to powerfailure and similar always succeeds.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 22:39:34 CEST

Original text of this message