oo4o right trims the strings

From: Manuel Valladares <mavallad_at_yahoo.es>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 19:24:38 -0700

Hello,
I am developing in VB6 with an oracle database 8.1.6 using oo4o. The problem that I am having is that I am using a varchar(10) field and if in the field there is for example ' a ' when I query I obtain ' a'.
So oo4o gets rid of the 3 right spaces.

I am using dynasets with this code:

      lsSQL = "SELECT sample_id " & _

"FROM sample_in_table " & _
"WHERE labno = '" & lsLabNumber & "' " & _
"AND s.projno = p.projno" Set ldynSamples = OraDatabase.CreateDynaset(lsSQL, ORADYN_READONLY) If (Not ldynSamples.EOF) And (Not ldynSamples.BOF) Then lsSampleID = ldynSamples.Fields("SAMPLE_ID").Value

The variable lsSampleID is type String.
Did someone else have the same problem?, any hint? Maybe the problem is not in oo4o and it is from VB. From some other client like SQL Navigator I can see the spaces, so it is not an Oracle database problem.

OK, let me know if you have any idea, and thank you very much for your attention.
Have a good day,

                  Manuel Valladares
                  mavallad_at_yahoo.es