Re: quick question

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:55:26 -0500

[Quoted] Cross-posting is generally not a good thing,

Try

select username,sum(cash_balance) from table group by username;

( you might try reading the manual on SqlPlus, this is a VERY basic question)

[Quoted] "Breath Like Testicles" <hungfatt_at_arse.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Just wondering how I can sum columns in a query.
>
>For example is I were to select all users and their corresponding cash
>balances, how do I sum the cash balance column without having to export it
>to a spreadsheet?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>BLT

[Quoted] -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!  Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==----- Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 18:55:26 CEST

Original text of this message