Oracle Reports Server and RUN_PRODUCT question

From: Gail E Stout <gstout_at_satx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:23:13 GMT

At my client site, we have installed Reports Server (Oracle 8.1.6, I believe) to possibly help with a problem we are having running approximately 200 nightly reports via Oracle Forms 6i in client-server mode to Reports using RUN_PRODUCT. After searching Metalink, it seems that RUN_PRODUCT does not work with Reports Server (at least that's what I got from it). These reports will still be run from the form in client-server mode. Is there anyway I can still use the client form (running on Win NT or 98, not sure which) to send the reports to the Report Server?

As an alternative, can I use RWCLI60 (building the command line in the form) with the Host command from Forms to submit the reports to the Reports Server? And if so, do the user parameters need to be added to the string as opposed to using a paramlist like with RUN_PRODUCT?

Thanks for you attention, I can't seem to find much documentation on this.

Thanks,
Gail Stout Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 13:23:13 CEST

Original text of this message