Re: OEM vs DBArtisan

From: Fred Pierce <fpierce_at_avialantic.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:25:33 GMT

I guess if I could only have one I'd go with Artisan - I seem to use that mostly (of course, real DBA's only use command line but sometimes I'm in a hurry. I like the fact that Artisan lets you see the scripts it generates before you click on GO). The main thing I like about it is the ability to do group things, e.g. select a bunch of tables to truncate, analyze etc., the PLSQL debugger, script generation, monitor etc. Also as you mentioned the ability to work with other platforms is nice.

Another factor might be the scope of your work. If you excpect to do much design and development, Embarcadero's other tools might be a factor, i.e. similar look and feel for ERStudio, change manager etc.

fdp

Fred Pierce (DNRC)- fpierce_at_avialantic.com Mid-Atlantic Aviation on the Web - http://www.avialantic.com ** Mid Atlantic Air Museum Planes, Trains, & Automobiles Transporation Show Sept. 22-23 2001 - www.maam.org/transhow.html **
*** World Airshow News - www.wanews.com **