Re: format a string in forms6.0

From: Richard Senior <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk>
Date: 11 Aug 2001 07:41:38 GMT

In article <d08d4e18.0108090933.5fc7f0cf_at_posting.google.com>,

        wucf_at_hotmail.com (Michael) writes:

> I want to know whether there is a way to format a long string/text
> field on form so that a different font color can be assigned to a
> specfic word inside the string. Like, in TOAD or Oracle procedure
> builder, after we type in 'select', the word 'select' will change font
> color. I may be able to change the font for whole string/text field
> with some trigger, but not a part of the string. Can anyone shred some
> light on this?

To do it with a control on a form, you would need a custom control, maybe a Java Bean or an OCX/VBX, designed to do highlighting in the way you describe.

As a compromise, you could always store the text in an invisible text item and have a button that invokes a user-defined editor to do the syntax highlighting you require. Something like GVim for example -- if your users can stomach editing with vi!!!

--
Regards,

Richard Senior
Mill Dam Consulting Ltd, London