DDL/DML in XML?

From: Zhigang Wang <wzg73_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2001 14:06:15 -0700

The idea I am thinking about is a standard of DDL/DML in XML. For example, define the database schema in such an XML document, then for different database engine, we can use an XSL to translate it into the dialect SQL of that database.
This could be useful for other purpose. Since the database schema is in XML. It is quiet easy for us to construct another XSL to translate the database schema into HTML for documentation purpose.

I believe there should be this kind of standard. If you know, could you pls send a link to me?
Best wishes, Received on Mon Aug 06 2001 - 23:06:15 CEST

Original text of this message