too long SQL*plus query ?

From: George <argeo_at_4u.net>
Date: 24 Jul 2001 08:26:43 -0700

Hello.
[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to export a table of a database into a plain text file. So far, a simple "select * from tablename;" spooled in a file would do the job.

Only that I need each element divided by a comma.

So far, I figured out I could use a statement like: select id||','|| name||','|| surname||','|| lastname ||','|| title from tablename;

This works exceptionally well - only: I need all columns of the table in the output, that are in total 40, and the statement works only including up to the 16th. There is also no syntax problem, since I can take other 16 (from the middle or end) and it works also.... It fails only when I add a number 17.

Do you have any idea how I can get this done ?

Thanks - and be kind to each other :)

George Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 17:26:43 CEST

Original text of this message