MS Access to Oracle

From: MT <mtechera_at_wpmc.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:57:19 GMT

Hello Everyone:

I have a relatively simple problem.

I have an MS Access 97 DB that I need to port on to Oracle. The MS Access DB has some 200 tables with primary keys and comments on every table and column (No referential integrity).

My problem is that I would like to find an inexpensive tool that will generate the Oracle DDL, PK constraints as well as table and column comments.
I know that both ERwin and PowerDesigner can reverse engineer the Access DB and then forward into Oracle but they are way out of my price league.

On the the hand the Migration Kit from Oracle requires installation of a repository just to install it which also seems like overkill.

Anyone out there know of anything that fits my requirements?
- relatively inexpensive

  • generates Oracle DDL from Access 97 DB
  • create table
  • create view
  • PKs
  • No data transfer between sources required.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Mario Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 08:57:19 CEST

Original text of this message