Re: Turn results off for a statement

From: Markus Stuhlpfarrer <mstuhlpfarrer_at_hollomey.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:57:08 GMT

first you need to create a plan_table with:

CREATE TABLE plan_table
 (

  statement_id               VARCHAR2(30),
  timestamp                  DATE,
  remarks                    VARCHAR2(80),
  operation                  VARCHAR2(30),
  options                    VARCHAR2(30),
  object_node                VARCHAR2(128),
  object_owner               VARCHAR2(30),
[Quoted]   object_name                VARCHAR2(30),
  object_instance            NUMBER,
  object_type                VARCHAR2(30),
  optimizer                  VARCHAR2(255),
  search_columns             NUMBER,
  id                         NUMBER,
  parent_id                  NUMBER,
  position                   NUMBER,
  other                      LONG

 )

(some programs like SQL_NAVIGATOR (of quest software) can do that automatically)

then you can make the explain plan with:

EXPLAIN PLAN
SET STATEMENT_ID = [statementid]
into plan_table
FOR [select statement]

as statementid you can choose anything you like

then you can select the result from the plan_table