Calling VB dlls from forms

From: Sunder <sunder.nochilur_at_us.bosch.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:55:53 GMT

Hello All,

     We have an application where we need to read data from excel file and load the data into the database. This is a Developer forms application. For the form to be able to read excel, excel should be installed on the application server. Our system administrator is against installing MS office on the application server. So, the alternative we have is to use VB to read the excel file using file DSN and RDO (Remote Data Object ). We can either write a VB exe in which case no data is passed back to the form or we can create a VB DLL. In the case of a VB DLL we parameters can be passed back and forth between Forms and the DLL.
Can anybody tell me how I can make calls to the VB DLL from forms. I know C++ DLLs can be called from forms but is it possible to call VB DLLs from Forms.

Thanks
Sunder Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:55:53 CEST

Original text of this message