Two Oracle questions

From: mlm <not_at_listed.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:51:51 GMT

I am using NT 4.0

    [Quoted]
  1. Is there any way that I can customize the colors of SQL*Plus (i.e., change the background to black and the foreground to another color). I can do this by changing the colors through NT, but that changes the default colors on ALL of my windows on NT. This causes Outlook, for example, to have a black background, etc. I just want to customize the colors for SQL*Plus.. [Quoted]
  2. I am trying to extract the query that was used to create a snapshot by running the following command from SQL*Plus:

 select query from dba_snapshots where name = 'SN_ORG_TIERINGS';

...and I receive the following output:

QUERY

SELECT
    CHILD_FLEX_VALUE_LOW ORG_ID,
[Quoted]     substr(CHILD_FLEX_VALUE_LOW,-4) Last

But that's it!!! I want to see the full text that resides in this column. The column is defined as 'LONG', so I believe that it should contain the entire SELECT statement. I don't think that SELECT statement is that long. I've tried using other tools that we have (SQL Navigator) and I still can't see the entire statement.

I've played around with the Envrionment settings in SQL*Plus, but to no avail. Am I not checking the correct setting?

Thanks,
Mike

--
[Quoted] The views expressed here are soley mine and do not represent my company
in any way.