Re: Oracle stored procedures and cursors

From: Ross McKay <rmckay_at_WebAware.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:49:46 GMT

Hi James,

Make sure that your ref cursor is the last parameter in the list. I found that when I have two output parameters (including ref cursor) it doesn't matter, but any more than that and I need to have ref cursor as last parameter.

regards,
Ross.

"James Haydock" <james.haydock_at_agsl.co.uk> wrote:

>Can any one help with how to return a recordset from a Oracle Stored
>Procedure that takes more than one input parameter.
>
>We have got this to work with 1 parameter but with more than one we get an
>error
>ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
>PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'TEST_PROC2'
>ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
>PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
>We are using ADO 2.5 and Oracle 8.1.7.3 We are using an ADO command
>object for this.
>
>Thanks
>
>James Haydock

Ross McKay       | snail: GPO Box 562, Sydney NSW 1043 Australia WebAware Pty Ltd | URL:http://www.webaware.com.au/ 0417 401 099     | email: mailto:rmckay_at_webaware.com.au
"This behaviour is by design." -- Microsoft Knowledge Base Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:49:46 CEST

Original text of this message