Re: Call Shell Command from Hora

From: Martin <m.suttrup_at_freenet.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:47:13 GMT

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3B15D4D6.16361941_at_exesolutions.com>...
> Olsiewicz Mirko wrote:
>
> > I will call the SQL*Loader from a Procedrue (Written in Hora). In the SQL
> > Plus Window I type in "host command" but in Hora It doesn't works.
> >
> > Can sombody help me?
> >
> > Thanx
>
> Hora to me is a traditional dance is Israel.
>
> In the context of comp.databases.oracle.tools I haven't a clue what you are
> referring to.
>
> Daniel A. Morgan

Hi,
dear Daniel, there are more meanings in the term Hora than you may know :-)
I think Mirko is reflecting to the Database Administration Tool developed by the german company KeepTool (www.keeptool.com). It is a tool like Toad, OEM or SQL-Navigator, but not so overloaded with useless stuff.

To answer Mirko's question:
Hora does not have a Host interface like SQL*Plus. But because you are on NT, you shouldn't have a problem
opening a DOS-Prompt and calling the scripts you need. For further questions to Hora yust try to mail
support_at_keeptool.com. They are normally very quick and helpfull (my experience).

Martin Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:47:13 CEST

Original text of this message