Re: Is it possible to export a table to a txt-file??

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:45:00 GMT

[Quoted] "Øyvind Skjold" <o-skjold_at_online.no> wrote in message news:dIqQ6.2031$lM3.44341_at_news1.oke.nextra.no...
> Hey,
>
> I've a problem saving tables through ODBC - ACCESS. The files get so
> incredible huge..
> So I'm wondering if it's possible to export directly to a txt-compatible
> file..( with predefined fieldlength )?? Or isn't it possible??
>
> I'm pretty new i the game, so you have excuse me if it's a silly question
> :-)
>
> Øyvind.

[Quoted] You have several options
[Quoted] [Quoted] 1 download the flat file utility from Tom Kyte's website (http:///osi.oracle.com/~tkyte)
[Quoted] [Quoted] 2 Use Toad for this purpose if you already have it [Quoted] 3 Write your own select

[Quoted] [Quoted] I do not however believe the size of the file is really going to change.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:45:00 CEST

Original text of this message