Re: any tool for conversion?

From: ProNews/2 User <kiyoinc_at_ATTGlobal.XOUT.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:41:27 GMT

On Fri, 18 May 2001 13:48:14, "Dave Fowler" <d.fowler_at_smmj.com> wrote:

> Dmitry
> Get a good Modelling tool for forward/reverse engineering supporting
> multiple databases. CA Erwin comes to mind. www.ca.com You method will
> work on the cheap some hand editting of the DDL file extracted for DB2 may
> be necessary.
>
> hth
> Dave Fowler
>
> "Dmitry V Petrovsky" <Dmitry.Petrovsky_at_irboard.net> wrote in message
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have Oracle 8.0.5 and my task to recreate the same database on DB2.
> > The only way out I see is in perl script which look through the Oracle
> > database
> > and puts all the data in the text file. Then according to Oracle desc
> > command -
> > recreate all the table in DB2. But... I have doubts that it is the most
> > intellegent
> > and efficient way.
> > Any hints?
> >
> > --
> > Yours truly,
> > Dmitry Petrovsky

We have a data extract, conversion tool at http://www.kiyoinc.com/nxtract.html

The copy on the website handles small to mid-size databases.

Data extraction from Oracle has a lot of subtle issues but there are a lot of solutions and tricks that will get you past them.

Good luck. Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:41:27 CEST

Original text of this message