Re: Passing nth number of parameters to a procedure

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:41:44 GMT

Baba Yetunde wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a table with 3 fields:
> ID_no number, preference_name varchar2(10) , pre_value number
>
> What I desire is a procedure, that I can pass n numbers of parameters to. It
> sould first delete all records for the ID_no
> found in the table. then add a row for each parameter passed (i.e ID_no
> number, preference_name varchar2(10) , pre_value number).
>
> What is the best way of doing this?
> Please not the Procedure will be part of a package and will be called from
> an application.
>
> Regards

You could pass a PL/SQL table - if the app does not handle that, you could define a limit on the number of parms and have them all default ie

procedure DO_STUFF(x1 number,

                   x2 number default null,
                   etc)

hth
connor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"