Re: Add A User In Oracle 8i

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:57:40 GMT

Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) is both a 'product' (that is included 'free' with the database - separate install) and a framework. From the framework perspective, there are a lot of useful GUI utilities that manage everything from users to space to tablespace to DB parameters. A number of these utilities can be invoked inside or outside the OEM framework.

I strongly recommend learning about Enterprise Manager - fair bit of product documentation available. Check http://technet.oracle.com > documentation > Oracle8i & Java > 8.1.7 documentation for more.

/Hans

"Chris ( Val )" wrote:

> "Daniel Lim Tong Khim" <tkl2535g_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> | Well, do you have Oracle enterprise manager? You can use this to add user.
> | regards
> | Daniel
>
> No, I dont have it, but I did find a tool to do it after another re-install
> its called *Oracle 8i Navigator* found in the start menu program group.
>
> Thanks
> Chris Val
>
> | "Chris ( Val )" <XCHRISVAL_at_bigpond.com.au> wrote in message
> | >
> | > "Daniel Lim Tong Khim" <tkl2535g_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> | >
> | > I have added users from within SQLPlus, but I still want to be able to add
> | > them with a GUI also... any ideas where the GUI tool is because I cant
 find
> | > it?
> | >
> | > Chris Val

> | > | > |