Re: optimizer-hints in Forms6 ?

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp_xxremovexx_.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:40:42 +1000

Ulrich,

Hints definitely work in Forms 6.
We had some problems with hints caused by a failure to include a space between the + and the hint. In SQL documentation prior to 8.1.5 the space was said to be optional, which is true, however in PL/SQL it is mandatory. Thus /*+RULE /* is treated as a hint in SQL but as a comment in PL/SQL, whereas /*+ RULE */ works for both.