Re: Help : Database link symbols at forms 5

From: Phil Haigh <phil.haigh_at_fwpharma.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:38:05 +0100

> If I write a code with '_at_' symbol for database link and compile it
 windows
> suddenly generate Ilegal operation and close the forms. I have tried in
> windows 9x and NT platform. Both of it give me same result.
> e.g.
> cursor xx is select test from table_at_dblink
> is there anybody can give me explanation ?

I can't explain it but the work-around is to create a synonym that points to table_at_dblink. It's bad practice to hard-code links into your forms code - the DBA can't restructure the system without getting modified forms!

Phil Haigh Received on Fri Jul 13 2001 - 17:38:05 CEST

Original text of this message