'_at_' character in strings passed to stored procedures using OraOLEDB provider

From: Lowther <lowther_at_lowtheruk.fsnetX.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:27:36 +0100

Using the OraOLEDB provider, if I call a stored procedure with an '_at_' character in a string, it reports an 'unspecified error', e.g.

{call LibTest.Fred('A1', 'A2_at_')}

Using the MSDAORA provider, it works fine.

Is this a bug, or maybe a feature in the OraOLEDB provider?

But, I can't seem to get the MSDAORA provider to connect to an Oracle 8i database (8.1.7) if I have the 8i client software installed (it's OK if I have 8.0 client software installed).

Can anyone help?

Graham Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 14:27:36 CEST

Original text of this message