Re: os authentication and graphics builder

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:25:47 +0200

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:44:34 GMT, "Bryan and Jennifer Wise" <bjwise96_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm running NT4 sp 6. I'm trying to switch everything over to os
>authentication. So far I have been successful with forms and reports but I
>can't get graphics to work. Running 8.1.6.0.0 statndard edition on the back
>end and have tried both Developer 2000 r2 and Developer 6i release2 on the
>from end. I've had trouble with both. Any ideas?

No, That is another inconsistency in the developer product. It seems that Oracle have given up developing or even removing bugs from graphics. The product is essentially unchanged for several generations.
I have wasted a lot of time trying to solve the problem.

By the way: are you aware of the security problem if you do not include the NT-domain name in the logon user name? Everyone with access to the network can log on to the database just by knowing the name of a user with external verification.

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 14:25:47 CEST

Original text of this message