What are the most popular development tools when Database is Oracle?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:34:45 +0800

Dear all,

I've been working with Oracle database for two years, mostly about database administration. I know tools such as SQL*PLUS, EZ-SQL, TOAD, SQL Station for SQL or PL/SQL programming, but they are not the client tools. and I know there are development tools from Oracle itself, but I am not sure whether Oracle's development tools are the most popular ones for Oracle database applications. Can anyone tell me about the most popular development tools? Typically GUI RAD tools in a 2-tier or 3-tier archetecture. How about web development tools? How about ERP/SCM/CRM/EC tools? How about OLAP/Data Warehousing/Data Mining tools? Please also explain their connectivity to Oracle (native, xDBC, third-party drivers, etc.). Any web site with all kinds of rankings of Oracle-related tools (it's fine if DB2, SQL*Server are also covered)

Thanks in advance, Dino Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 16:34:45 CEST

Original text of this message