sqlldr from pipe

From: Nick Taylor <ntwysiwyg_at_dataskill.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:28:41 GMT

Hi

We're using Oracle 8.1.6 under SuSE Linux. Is there any way to pipe data into the standard input of sqlldr?

I would like to be able to bulk load tables on a regular basis from output from a legacy system dump program, but without dumping all data into files first.

Additionally this would allow input from gzip files via: "zcat file | sqlldr..."

I am unaware of any alternative loading mechanism that is anywhere near as fast as sqlldr using direct load. My java version does my job, but relatively slowly, I guess because of the logging. This simply then harks back to the numerous requests for loading without logging :-(

TIA Nick

--
Nick Taylor
Say No to Spammers - What You See Isn't What You Get to Email Me