Could not resolve service name

From: William O'Neill <wfoneill_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:18:21 -0700

Have just installed Oracle Enterprise 8.1.7. Installation went fine, long, but fine....
Attempted to use SQL*PLUS to talk to the DB; attempted to connect using SYSTEM, MANAGER, DB, but kept getting TNS: count not resolve service name. TNSNAMES.ora does have an entry for DB. Saw another posting about setting up SQLNET? Where, how?
Used DBA Studio to check to see if I was connected at the time, and I was. Any suggestions. Have been using Steve Bobrowski's book as a guide. Still no luck. Thank you.
Bill.... Received on Sun May 27 2001 - 07:18:21 CEST

Original text of this message