Re: Help with carriage return in varchars

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 21:51:59 -0700

"wayne" <no_at_email.please.com> wrote in message news:9ehppm$ga9_at_dispatch.concentric.net...
> Oh God! Maybe I should have said "pseudocode" before posting it... There
> was never a mention of a specific language in the post, so WHO CARES?

Being this is an Oracle-related forum and the original poster was talking about VARCHAR2, it's quite likely that he was talking PL/SQL, a datatype on a column in a table, etc. Had he tried to use char(10) it'd error and he'd be posting yet again asking why it didn't work, so I saved him a step. Chill, dude. Received on Fri May 25 2001 - 06:51:59 CEST

Original text of this message