Forms 4.5: Format Mask NLS_LANG

From: Maurice Spee <maurice.spee_at_ou.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:16:37 +0200

Hi,

Our Forms 4.5 application contains some Forms with one or two number fields that display salaries etc.

Problem:
I use the format mask 9G990D99. Currently, salaries are displayed as 1,500.50.
What I want is: 1.500,50 (he, I live in The Netherlands)!

I know that I have to change the NLS_LANG parameter. There are 3 possibilities:

1. change it in the database
2. change on the client side the Oracle.ini
3. use an alter session command

Option 3 sounds the best for me, because other application residing in the same database won't be affected by the changes (option1) and changing the Oracle.ini (option 2) on the client side will also affect other applications.

The question is:
How can I use option 3 within an Forms application? Does anybode has sample code?
Are there any other options besides the 3 I mentioned?

Greetings,

Maurice Received on Mon May 14 2001 - 08:16:37 CEST

Original text of this message