Re: Javascript back to PL/SQL

From: Frank Hubeny <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:13:23 GMT

I have successfully communicated with javascript and pl/sql, so it is do-able.

I assume you are building a web page with pl/sql which also has a call to a javascript library. The user performs some activity which is recorded in the javascript objects and then is sent back to the server which receives the information through a pl/sql procedure.

One way to accomplish the above is to build a frameset with two child frames. One child frame is visible to the user and the other is hidden. The user performs some activity which is recorded in the top frame and is sent back to the server from the top frame. The server responds to the hidden frame so as not to distract the user with a page refresh. The hidden frame may then communicates back to the top frame which may or may not change the display in the visible frame. In this architecture the top frame persists and even caches data for the user to view.

Frank Hubeny